We're Here To Help


   Email Us Now

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Your Phone Number

Your State of Residence

Your Message

Please enter the following code:

How can someone going broke pay for an attorney to file bankruptcy?

Since I take payment plans, most people can spread the fee over time and can afford it, ESPECIALLY if they are not having to pay their other creditors while they are waiting to pay the attorney and file bankruptcy. Ask your attorney which of your bills you need to keep paying and which you do not need to pay after your first visit.

Some people get money from relatives or use their little bit of savings.  I can’t really say how people do it, but they do it.

If you are so broke that you think you might qualify for free legal services then contact your local office of the South Carolina Legal Services, as they will evaluate your income and assets and send you to an attorney for which it will pay.  The South Carolina Bar also refers cases to attorneys who will do your case for free but you have to qualify for that as well. Most free legal services base their standards on some sort of poverty guidelines and they will be happy to explain that to you.

  • Learn More About Bankruptcy

    If its time to start considering a step toward bankruptcy we're here to help. I have been helping people through the process of filing bankruptcy in South Carolina for over 20 years. We are here for you if you have questions.
  • Download Bankruptcy Guide

    This guide is full of useful information about bankruptcy. It's a large PDF so it may take a few seconds to download.
  • Can I go to Jail for not Paying my Bills?

    No, not unless you committed a crime in the creation of the debt (for example, fraud). Simply borrowing money and not being able to pay it back is not a crime. Many creditors representatives will tell you lies on the telephone and say that they will have you put in jail. Perhaps they are too ignorant to know they are wrong or that it is illegal for them even to say that. See More Bankruptcy Q&A